5.10.2009

It's the Little Things

My Mother's Day:
My mom jumps into my bed with me screaming "Happy Mother's Day" and I'm not having it. It is the worse when your in a deep sleep and get woken up. I managed to open my eyes to check the time and it was 7:56am....pshhhhhhh....too damn early still for me. I like to sleep in. But Jeremiah heard all the commotion and got up, walked into my room, and handed me his Mother's Day gift for me that he's been wanting me to open since I picked him up at school on Friday. And this is what it was


Before he even shows me everything, I'm tearing up, I'm such a sap. It's the little things that get to me, just like when he randomly tells me "Mommy, I love you" I just wanted to share this story with you.


We got up and went to church. Had an early brunch with my mom and that was the highlight of my Mother's Day. Didn't do much or get much, but I wasn't expecting anything, really, so I wasn't too disappointed. Everyone that matters to me greeted me a Happy Mother's Day...and that was enough for me. I am just very grateful that people appreciate what a special day this is to mothers. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment